Monday, 30 March 2015

So what actually is the best way to protect you phone from water damage?






How did it come about that Primo Seal is set to hit the UK market.............



I had listened to people asking me the same question every other day for the best part of three years. I did to be fair have two jobs, one in the Carphone Warehouse as a sales assistant and the other working in a nightclub in the evenings, so you can imagine I came into contact with a lot of people who weren’t the best at taking care of their mobile phones, wallets or keys. For almost all of those three years I simply didn’t have a solid honest answer to give the customers about how to best protect their devices.  I sort of turned away inside laughing at myself when I recommended one of our £29.99 bomb proof cases, most of which offer next to no water resistance, while being quite effective at stopping from the infamous smashed screen one day after purchase.  They are bulky, awkward in your pocket and just generally a bit of an eyesore, (in my humble opinion that is of course!) Mostly in the nightclub it was a common case that the customer had dropped their phone down the toilet while blazing drunk, or often it was that a bottle of water or wine had popped open in their bag. For almost the entire three years I thought to myself, why is it that there isn’t something to help protect phones, keys, ipads, and any other electronics from water damage?

 I suppose the answer to why electronics are pretty rubbish at surviving any contact with water, dust or dirt is pretty straight forward, the manufacturers don’t actually want to protect the devices that much at all, they (Secretly) want them to break, and for us all to buy new devices, spend money on the likes of Apple Care, or insurance policies, which don’t often even cover the full value of the phone!

Being completely at a loss with myself about why there was nothing available,  i felt i had to try and find an answer. There had to be something out there which could help to at least reduce the amount of water damaged phones, tablets, and Ipads I was coming across daily.  I searched the Internet forums and websites high and low thinking to myself that there must be something somewhere on the market which can help to at least give electronics some chance of survival.  I mean its ridiculous that 5 seconds in the bath and your £600 Iphone 6 is gone forever… and whether you have a bombproof casing, or phone insurance to get you another phone doesn’t matter, the fact is that the hassle factor or trying to get your contacts back and the loss of functionality in the mean time,  really make the situation untenable.

I was actually on another mission at the time when I discovered Primo Seal,  so my mind didn’t really click onto what the product was at first.  Primo products LLC also produce a totally different product, Primo Chalk, the World's number one athletic chalk, which is exploding currently throughout the Crossfit and climbing world.  I really loved the chalk, and wanted to do something with that in Europe, but then i was alerted to "side" product that was in development.... this was Primo Seal.... and i just knew straight away that i had to bring this to the UK and start to help protect electronics from water, dirt and dust......   Primo Seal Europe was born...



No comments:

Post a Comment